Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An interesting Article I came across

I fully believe a healthy diet is important, no matter who you are.  This is especially true for many different disorders.  ADHD being one of them. 

This is an article I came across last fall, in the early stages of this blog, and so this entry was basically just the link.  I decided to flesh it out a bit...


I have recently been told I have Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.  This was discoverred during an annual physical, which I recommend everyone to do EVERY YEAR.  My triglycerides were high, as were my liver enzymes.  The Dr., who is typically pretty laid back about my diet, brought me back into the office for a follow-up, and basically told me that i'm at that point where if I don't start focusing on my health (mainly diet and exercise) that I could start to see irreversible damage to my liver, among other things.  This was a huge wake up call for me.

Since incorporating more fish and berries and leafy greens, and less carbs, sugars, and fruits (aside from berries, obviously) I have noticed my mental health has improved greatly!  ADHD is not something that just goes away, but that hyperfocus is happening more often.  The drive to get things done is more... driven.  My ability to recognize the perspective of those around me instead of just my own has improved.  Of course, the desired benefit of physical health is slowly coming to fruition as well.  All good things.



so here is an interesting article (at least, it was interesting last fall when I first read it) regarding diet and ADHD.  While I wouldn't go so far as to say the diagnosis of ADHD is devastating, the article in general has some food for thought...

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/nutrition-is-essential-to-keep-adhd-in-check-29582065.html


hope you find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment