Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My huge helping of Awesome Sauce

Awesome. 

It's typically a dish served best by Tom Nardone (if you don't know who that is, you don't know awesome).  I digress...

I'm taking 3 classes this semester.  2 online and one that meets 1ce a week in a classroom.  My Monday night classroom-meeting-class has a presentation for each student, mine was due last night.  Over the weekend, I was wrapping up my preparations for my presentation, and asked the teacher for some additional photos to help support my topic.   She advised me this was not the way she had meant for me to take the topic, and that I won't be able to present.  Essentially she had sent me an email specifying her expectations as she had with presenters before me, and that email apparently did not send.  As this is an ongoing problem she has been having with her computer system at home, she assumed complete responsibility and offered to let me present on a different topic later in the semester.  I told her that I have mild anxiety issues, and asked her to clarify her expectations to see what I could come up with by the end of the day.   My mind's kitchen ran amuck looking for the perfect Ingredients,  throwing together the perfect mixture and after letting it simmer, BAM! AWESOME SAUCE.

4 hours later I had a completely different presentation than what I had spent 2 weeks researching and developing,  I went to class, served up a bowl to everyone, and they all asked for more.  I can't say it was perfect, but I did well.  If there's one thing that's always been true for me it's this: give me a deadline and project, and I will lose sleep over it until it's due.  Tell me at the last minute (totally not her fault, don't get me wrong) that I have it wrong and won't be able to present as planned, and I will likely vomit.  But I will also throw together a completely functional work in just hours and will present the hell out of it!

FEEL THE AWESOME!

If this doesn't deserve some bacon, I don't know what does!

No comments:

Post a Comment