Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stupid People

10/2/13

The other day I heard someone talking about a friend or relative who had been offensive, and stated they didn't realize what they had said could offend anyone.  This person I had heard went on and on about how her friend or relative is always blind to how her actions and statements affect others.  She went on and on about how stupid her friend/relative must be to not get it.

I've been there.  It's easy to make an observation or statement and have NO IDEA you've just said or done something offensive.  Personally, my thought process is askew of normal, and this was a hard lesson to learn.  My parents used to always tell me "Think before you say something" and I never did.  It took me pissing off a lot of people to finally get it.

Be mindful of this, when dealing with your ADD or with someone who has ADD.  We do not alway see the world around us in the same way.  And keep in mind that just as we don't see things the way you do, you also do not see things the way we do.  Maybe there's something you're missing.  Either way, don't be quick to judge, and always think before you talk!


6/9/14

Forget just AD(H)D... this applies to everyone.  And even if someone genuinely deserves such harsh criticism, you still have no business sharing their shortcomings with the world.  #Manners.

1 comment:

  1. I agree and this person should strap on a pair and tell the offender what the "said offence" was, instead of being a victim and talking behind offenders back, having no clarification of what offender might have meant.

    ReplyDelete