Friday, October 25, 2013

Getting What You Want

10/25/2013

We have ups and downs.  Lately mine have been frequent.  some days I am motivated and ready to get things done.  others, not so much.  The last couple days have been "not so much" days.  I haven't been feeling well either, which of course doesn't help matters.  Motivation to complete unwanted tasks is something I have had difficulty with for as long as I can remember.  Waning motivation.  It's like the tide, and it seems like I have to fight more and more for high tide.

     I feel it's times like this when strength of mind is important.  I have difficulty getting over how I feel and just making myself do what needs to be done.  I don't think this is something specific to ADHD.  We could all use some mental strength, right?


     What really gets me is when I have no support.  It is hard to keep doing things regularly when nothing gets done regularly.  I'm sure that makes a ton of sense.  Take the dishes for example.  I have 3 kids, there are always dishes.  I could load the dishwasher just about every day.  And yet I don't.  Because I am also behind on the laundry, the vacuuming, the toilets...  There are only so many hours in the day to get things done, so it's not uncommon for nothing to get done at all.   And when I do decide to do something and put forth an effort, is it fair to expect everyone else in the house to support my sudden desire to have a spotless home?  Not really.  Help is nice but one can't just all of a sudden expect people to help.  I realize that, but I sometimes wish we could all just work together everyday to keep the house clean. 

so that's my "one of those days" blog.  hopefully the next one will be more chipper :)


6/14/2014

Some things are constant and simply do not change.  I still have a strong desire to work together on keeping the house picked up.  A recent spill emphasized this feeling.  I am keeping quiet about it at home, however, because I was right when I initially wrote this.  It's not fair to expect others to just drop what they're doing to jump on what I want done.  I will be slowly but surely working on straightening up the house and getting it better organized and more child/pet friendly, as I've allowed it to become less so over the past few months.  So yeah... Remember that your wants are yours alone, and it's better to come to a mutual understanding of what everyone's wants and needs are and work together to maintain a decent lifestyle, than to ride the rollercoaster of ambition (and the lack thereof) to get things done.  Find a family wide routine for your household and stick with it, and remember that if you want something done, you also have to be willing to do it yourself if necessary.  Because you're the one who wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment