Monday, December 16, 2013

What to do...

Do you ever have those days where you have something you want to do, but just don’t get to it for all the distractions the day throws your way?  This blog was going to be about Music and the vital role it plays in the day to day for me, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  Otherwise I will forget about this LOL.
When it gets slow, I tend to pass the time watching a few programs on TV.  I did so this morning, planning on writing the blog entry afterwards.  I knew I should stop and write, but when the next show came up, I found myself watching it.  I read earlier today that many with ADHD have a hard time saying no.  I also have found I have a hard time doing what I should, when there is something I’d rather do, especially if it requires less energy.  Dishes pile up, laundry is left unfolded.  This is something that I’ve recently decided I would endeavor to work passed.  And yet here I am, the morning is gone, it’s after 5pm, and I’m just getting to it.  This isn’t how I intended to spend my day, and yet still I could not stop what I was doing.  Even now I have pretty much lost interest in what I’m trying to write and have to force myself to continue.  This is something that’s been an issue for me as long as I can remember, but I’ve never really made a conscious effort do overcome it.  I find myself at a bit of a loss, as I’ve resolved to stay away from medication.  My efforts to make other changes to my life to be healthier have not worked out so well either.  I always decide to sleep in and eat fast.  I will continue to endeavor, but I am afraid of the outcome.  Win or lose, this should be an epic battle to gain control over myself.  I’m sure some of it will be blogworthy…

No comments:

Post a Comment